Blue Cat Audio's Destructor is a powerful distortion modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion. From digital destructive distortion, Smooth analog saturation, analog compression, guitar amp simulation (From clean to full on distorted) and the most important style, your own.
This Plug-in comes with hundreds of presets and predefined models, inspired by existing gear guitar & bass amps and cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machines, tubes, transistors and much more but the best part, whatever you want to design. All parameters of existing presets are fully editable (and I mean ALL), which gives you access to as many distortion simulations as you can create.
The signal chain is set to be simple but allows you to control every aspect of each module inside, This makes tweaking process fast and easy. Destructor has dynamic waveshaping that is reactive to the input volume and frequency response, providing a very natural sound and feel, it comes bundled with more than 1400 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module. It is also possible to import reference curves measured with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi to quickly match existing tones.
The Signal chain is
Pre Filter(lets you load in the tonestacks of many amp head emulations and filter things out anyway you like)
Destruct(Allows you to shape the curve of the distortion curve and lets you control the dynamic response of all saturation)
Post Filter(this can load in cab emulations and allowing you to fully control the output of the distortion)
0 latency limiter
The Input Gain decides the overall input of the signal going into Destructor.
The Noise Gate lets you set a gate to reduce unwanted hiss and buzz from silence or when not playing.
The Compressor lets you shape the overall dynamics of the incoming signal before it hits the Pre FIltering
The Pre Filter Also called pre- emphasis, lets you choose the impact of frequencies on the distortion:
frequencies that are attenuated by the post filter will generate less harmonics that the frequencies that are emphasized. Hitting the "e" for edit mode shows extensive controls to change and shape every aspect of this section.
The Destruction module is the core distortion generator of the plug- in. When in easy mode you have basic controls like drive, dynamics, mix, and gain. When you click the "e" for edit mode is where the real power of this module comes in. The destruction curve as well as decimation settings can now be edited, everything from dynamic response, the range, weather it distorts at low or high signals, oversampling, phase shits in frequencies, shape of the clipper, symmetric or non symmetric shapes, smoothing, rectify, bit depth, mix shaping, drive, decimation(with anti aliasing if wanted), mix knob and a output gain for the section are all open for your customization.
The Post Filter In the real world happens at many stages, when recording a guitar amp, the tubes, cabinet and
microphone all change and filter the sounds. With Destructor, you can precisely define how much
of each frequency you want to hear in the end, hitting 'e'' does the exact same thing as the Pre-filter section.
Overall there is way to much to talk about it has total control for those who want it, or simple controls for those who just want to grab and go. Overall I would really say just grab a demo and try it out because It has way to much to talk about.
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing...
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1400 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- 0 latency output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.
- True Bypass of gate and compressor section
- loadable presets for gate and compressor section
- Output mix knob for parallel processing
- Maybe a second distortion stage for even more crazy fun
check it out Here
Check out our YouTube Here